.dlls in recycle bin"

Thread: .dlls in recycle bin"

Question .dlls in recycle bin"

Hi
    Sure am impressed with your site changes!

Now, i saved some emails in outlook expres 6, copied them to a file on the c drive, .eml , backed them up to a cd on a usb burner on e drive, when i emptied the folder, i think i did it on windows explorer, not sure, in the recycle bin i have the following .dlls, what are they what do i do with them, i can't find them on google or microsoft? >>>>>>>

res4082.dll Application Extension

res61F3.dll Application Extension

resA035.dll Application Extension

resA230.dll Application Extension

resB391.dll Application Extension

resC3B4.dll Application Extension

Dear egd...
    I'm not sure which folder you emptied; if it was the Windows\Application Data\Identities\etc. folder (the one with the .dbx's in it) I don't think you would see .dlls in the recycle bin, even if they came with your emails; you would just see the .dbx's there. So, who knows what they are. You could try right click>restore on one of them in the recycle bin and see where it goes back to which might tell you, if the folder it came from still exists. You could leave them there in the recycle bin until you are sure everything works and then delete. Or you could right click>cut and paste them in a folder somewhere until you are sure eveything works and then delete. Have fun.
    Chas

If I can't find something on google, it usually is something you or I do not want.

Question .dlls in recycle bin

Thanks

The folder i emptied is one i created for the eml messages, saved as eml not txt, original location it says was C:\WINDOWS\temp , i haven't tried to restore it as i haven't emptied all the emails yet.

So if this doesn't appear on google nor microsoft, howdoes it get to be a .dll?

I don't know that technical area what so ever? But before i pull the trigger, came looking for expertise.
    thanks

If the original location was in the TEMP folder, they got there as a result of as part of an install or uninstall of something. If you haven't installed anything, I hazard a guess of some failed malware attempt. Yes, files can appear even though nothing was completely installed.
    A good example of this, although not a close one, is the appearance of Byte/Verify in the Sun Java Cache folder. These were downloaded in preparation, but due to a secure system nothing was done with them. But does frighten some people when the cannot be removed by AV programs as these are compressed into JAR files (like a ZIP or RAR).

Dear egd...
    It would seem that your mystery .dlls were unrelated to your emails that you deleted. If they were in your Windows temp file they are probably safe to delete and forget about them. But if you have any hesitation, or wish to practise extreme caution (not a bad thing) you could, as I suggested, save them to a new folder or leave them in your recycle bin for a week or two (if as Markp62 suggested, they are related to some malware, nothing will be able to find them) until you are sure your other programs, including any newly installed programs, work fine, and then delete. Chas

Wink dll's in recycle bin?

Thanks

I tried restoring one of them, and it threw copies of the email i had deleted back into the folder i had deleted them from, so they must be a file extension of some sort for eml?

as long as i know i have the originals saved to cd that i want, (eml) i guess we won't need these?

I don't think so.
    DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library. It is a program, but it doesn't execute by itself. A windows application must make a call to a function or functions contained in the file. They can be a convenience to a programmer, instead of creating the code, their program just digs it out of it. This is the purpose of these files.
    Another way is Rundll32.Exe, which runs a DLL as a Windows 32 bit application.

dlls in recyc?

Yes i know the library (dll), the only other thing it says on the properties window of these dll's, is "origin temp."

I only referred to what happened when i clicked on restore, and went back to the folder and found the copies, it was empty before idid the restore.

So, the connection between these dlls as i listed them in the original post and the eml????? Then when you search for these on the web, google, microsoft, nothing comes up for the dlls????

Dear egd...
    So it seems that they were connected to your emails afterall. If they were malware of some kind, the emails you saved to CD would also be "infected". Did the emails contain programs or executables that you knew about and wanted? If not, quarantine the .dll's, delete them after a period of time, and be sure to mark your CD so you don't unwittingly copy them back to your hard drive in the future.
    Chas

dll's in recyle bin?

I see this post is now a link on google? Is that something new?

Anyway, am runing Etrust Real Time AV, SPYBOT, Lavasoft, nothing showing on system on these for infections, withn these, programs.

If these are labled "origin temp" instead of a dll with properties and version #.
    they must not be too important?

Dear egd...
    I think the likelihood is that if you didn't install or uninstall anything, and those persnickety dll's were temporary files, that they are not important to anything you have (or want) on your machine. So, the only question is one of mere curiosity: to what are (or were) they important. Markp62 suggested a failed malware attempt. Maybe so, and if you have run all the ad/malware/virus scans you listed, the further likelihood is that whatever it was, or tried to be, is no longer. So again, they should be okay to delete, but if you have any doubts (or perhaps hope to sometime solve the mystery) put them in a quarantine folder so they can't be found by any lurking program and bide your time. Regarding the google "link", I suppose the extent to which its cross-referencing tentacles reach depends upon what words you search. Oprah Winfrey! There, now the thread is linked again.
    Chas

Smile dlls in recyc?

Never know where we will appear do we, zaba, (zaaba) usa, etc, ? Then the stupis question> you use windows explorer and just create the folder 'named' "quarantine" on the c: and drag them there? If they were malware connected, and they are in a specific folder all by their lonesome, they won't be invited or identified? I guess the issue is twofold hiding them and holding them. ? Apparently if they are in that folder they are not being used or needed by anything else , as long as there are do malfunctiobs i gather?

Ellen Degen---link?

First time i had ever seen virtual dr identified, in a search.

Thread Information