Lexmark printer can't communicate

Thread: Lexmark printer can't communicate

Hybrid View

Lexmark printer can't communicate

Hi all,
    I have just bought a new PC and I am trying to use my Lexmark X74 printer. I connected it with USB and this was detected and installed, but when I try to print or enter ink information it says that the printer cannot communicate. I have replacced the USB cable and I have downloaded and installed the lastest driver but I am still getting the same problem.
    Any ideas please

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    If you connected it to USB before installing the software, then you did it wrong. With USB printers/scanners/devices, you need to install the software then connect the printer or device to the computer via USB cable.

The instructions which I followed showed the USB connected first and when the add hardware wizard shows to install directly from the CD. The good news is that I have resolved the problem using information from the Lexmark site. Apparently the printer would not communicate if there is a network bridge. When I take out USB network cable the printer works fine. So I have to remove the USB network cable every time I need to print and I won't be able share the printer.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Information