No Adapters in Network Connections

Thread: No Adapters in Network Connections

Question No Adapters in Network Connections

Hi.

Im am working on this computer for a friend who just subscribed to cable internet service. The problem is, there are no network adapters recognized in the network connections folder. Now, there is a 10/100 pci ethernet adapter installed with the manufacturers Windows XP drivers and oddly enough, its is recognized when I go to the system devices. When I go to the network connections folder there is nothing there. I tried refreshing the folder window and I get an error message stating the Network Connections Sevice is disabled. When I go to the Services icon in the Administrators folder, it states that it is enabled and functioning.

The windows install is pretty fresh and the computer has never been on the internet under the new install. It is a Windows XP pro machine. In additon to the NIC card, I also tried a USB network adapter and it too is recognized by the system but not by the service.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi bjp02, welcome to VDR!

Take a look at the following MS KB Article.

How to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;825826
    Eric

Unsuccessful

I tried everything on that list and unfortunately nothing solved the problem. When I try to refresh the network connections folder, I get a message

"The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve a list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections service is enabled and running."

I am thinking of a fresh windows install. There aren't many programs installed on the current system.

Did you look in the Services and make sure the Network Connections is started and set to manual?
    Eric

Thumbs up Gave Up.

Thanks for the help, but I just decided to go with the fresh install. It didn't take very long to get it set up. Everything works fine now.

You're welcome.

Too bad you went ahead with the fresh install. I was going to suggest a XP Repair first to try to avoid reinstalling the applications. Glad you got it fixed anyway.
    Eric

Thread Information