changing bmp to jpg

Thread: changing bmp to jpg

changing bmp to jpg

Is there a way to do that? I have a pic of my son that was sent .bmp & I did the save pic as & put .jpg but there wasn't that option in the save as thingie.
    Lyn

You could open the image in paint and save it as a jpg

I did that but it shows up as a pizza box when I tried putting it in an email. ?????????
    Lyn

Not sure what you mean by pizza box?
    Did you open the file and use the save as then select jpeg from the drop down menu beneath where you write the file name?

There's actually two "paint" programs in 98.

C:\Program Files\Accessories\MSPAINT.EXE - 336KB

and

C:\WINDOWS\PBRUSH.EXE - 20KB

Have you tried the "Save As" in both?

There's also Irfanview (freeware) which is a very good program.

http://www.irfanview.com/
    It's a good day when you learn something.

Ditto! IRFANVIEW 3.95 is a great free utility for reducing the size of photos and converting them to .JPG format.
    HP Pavilion N5495, Intel Pentium IIIM 1.06 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP SP2
    Compaq Presario 5900T, Intel Pentium III 733 MHz, 320 MB RAM, Windows 98SE
    Compaq Presario 5030, Intel Pentium II 300 MHz, 256 MB RAM, Windows 98SE

Hi Lyn
    I use ACDSee for all my pics. It is so easy to do that there. You can download it for a free test at http://www.acdsystems.com Get the ACDSee. If you use windows explorer, you will think you are there. You can go to "Tools" then "Convert", then select whatever format you like. I do to jpg all the time. That is the most user friendly program I have ever found, and my most favorite program of all. I highly recommend it.

Rick
    If it is working fine with no conflicts, DON'T up-grade it, Leave it alone, and count your blessings!

If you are like me, sick of microsoft updates causing crashes, and making things quit working, inability to uninstall things, switch to Linux, where upgrades ARE backward compatable! Linux is FREE and Thousands of programs also are free for it!

Hi Rick,

Can't believe I got another answer after this long. I just downloaded ACD & will try it. Looks easy.

Thanks so much.
    Lyn

Im still running v2.4 and still love it! If you still need the pic converted, send it to me and I will convert it and send it back, if you dont get the free version for trial. The registered version used to be the same as the trial one. The trial one just quit working after a month. I think you will really love ACDSee also.
    If it is working fine with no conflicts, DON'T up-grade it, Leave it alone, and count your blessings!

If you are like me, sick of microsoft updates causing crashes, and making things quit working, inability to uninstall things, switch to Linux, where upgrades ARE backward compatable! Linux is FREE and Thousands of programs also are free for it!

I haven't been able to figure it out. When I go into My Docs, everything that already was .jpg has their icon on it. The main picture I want to convert doesn't have it.

How do I send it to you?
    Lyn

Click on the :PM: button and send me a private message. If you can attach it, fine, or else I will send you my email address back. I will be heading home now, and be off line for a couple hours, then back on. Try this first when in ACDSEE, use it to find the pic, like you would in windows explorer, select tools, then convert. If that dont get it I will do it for you.

Rick

Thanks for the offer, Rick, but I got it. It's under "modify", not tools.
    Lyn

Great. I guess that is a change in the newer version. It is a lot easier with ACDSee, isn't it? Another good thing about it, is it will view all pics I ever found. Those other programs would tell me that a lot of pics were corrupt. I started a "Troubles" album, cause I didn't believe I could have so many bad pics. When I got ACDSee, I tried it, and whaola! ALL of the "Trouble" pics viewed perfectly!

Another couple nice thing is being able to crop, and reduce the size of the files also.

Have fun
    Rick

tevekaLAST POST WAS March 12th, 2005,
    Think they have it figured out in 9 years.

Thread Information