Printing a large image on mutiple pages?

Thread: Printing a large image on mutiple pages?

Printing a large image on mutiple pages?

I have this big gif image that I would like to stretch over as many pages as it takes to print it.
    The image is 3600 x 600 px so I set my paper to landscape and tried printing the whole thing with Irfanview, ACDSee and Photoshop but it always gets cropped. I remember being able to print a large image before where there was enough overlap on the 8.5x11" sheets that I could put the sheets together, splice and tape them. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it right now.
    Attached is the file in question, I'm taking a week off from "Winter" next week, a picture is worth a 1000 words even though it is 876k

Edit: I'm using Windows 98SE and my printer is a Lexmark Z32
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Herring; February 3rd, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Just trying to give others a friendly hand.

Do you have any settings in the printer properties re multipage/poster setting?

Eg load the image in IE or whatever, file - print and select the properties box of your printer and have a look.

I believe free software such as Picasa, http://picasa.google.com/index.html has a basic poster printing feature.

Or try Posteriza, http://www.posteriza.com/ , freeware, so simple you don't even have to install it, just download the .exe and double click it !
    Last edited by General Winters; February 3rd, 2006 at 02:45 PM.

It is also called "Banner" mode. But your printer will have to be able to handle the long sheets of paper.
    Or almost any graphics editor should allow you to cut the large image up into several smaller ones, each of which would print on a standard piece of paper. Then you could splice.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thanks guys. I just got home from work a while ago and thought I'd give it another shot with Irfanview, Photoshop, ACDSee and Illustrator. I looked though all the printer help I could find and no go. So my next step was to check General Winters' links. Picasa unfortunately requires Win 2000 or XP, so that was "out of the picture". So I downloaded Posteriza and it works like a charm. My kind of application, no installation just a very functional 600k file and there you go. Unfortunately now I am having a problem with my printer which won't print a complete page without giving me a "carrier stalled failure" error.
    Anyway, now that I have the program to do what I wanted. I'll go have a look around and find out why my printer carrier is stalling
    Thanks for your help General Winters and Welshjim
    Just trying to give others a friendly hand.

Herring--You are welcome for the small help I may have been.
    Did the printer problems start only after you downloaded/used Posteriza? Can you print normal single sheets without problems?
    Have you tried to move the cartridge manually and/or unplugged the printer, then rebooting and plugging it back.
    Here is what Google has to say
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...arrier+stalled
    though I did not think the references were very helpful other than the summaries on the first Google page.
    Have you looked at Lexmark's website for help, either a tech support option or downloading a manual for your printer?.
    Last edited by Welshjim; February 5th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Picasa 2.1 no longer supports 98 or Me, but Picasa 2.0 does.

You can download the Windows 98/ME version of Picasa (v.2.0) by downloading this version available here:

http://dl.google.com/picasa/picasa2-setup-1884.exe
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, (XP Mode virtual pc enabled)
    WEI 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 5.9
    Intel Core i5-2310, 8GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 OC
    Samsung Syncmaster SA300 23.6" monitor

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

Thread Information