The Introduce Yourself Thread - Page 63
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: The Introduce Yourself Thread

Hello to all. I'm Marilyn from New Jersey. I'm going crazy because of a Volume "icon" that sits on top of windows & won't go away. That's why I'm here, hoping to help & be helped. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome aboard Marilyn.

As far as your icon problem, recommend starting a new thread in the appropriate "Windows Operating Systems" section of our VirtualDr home page: http://www.Virtualdr.com.

Hello, I'm new here as well. I am not very computer savvy, but considering I have a computer now that likes to give me headaches, its nice to see there is a community of people that know how the things tick.

hello, I've been a lurker for significant time and glad that I've joined now we'll i'm not a computer savvy, but work on computer for long time. I hope i'll get my clarifications cleared here

Greetings All,

I am Trip (member name 'tripison"). Natural health advocate and b2b trade representative WHO DEPENDS ON HIS COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT! (iPhone, iPad, Laptops)

Like most here I arrived here due to an unresolved computer issue. I bought my first PC in 1993....6 since. I am not a tech but have never been downed by malware or virus on any of my computers...until now.

Currently, my Toshiba Satellite P855-S5312 Laptop is down. It has been invaded by MyPcBackup and PC Health Kit which I am unable to remove. I think they both rode in Trojan Horse on Java Update which I knee-jerked the update (was in a big hurry... D'OH!) between uninstalling Norton and Installing AVAST! Computer will not reboot and "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" - I am in the loop...ugghhhhh....that started with 2 days of sitting on the error fix which finally arrived at "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC". It says Press "Advanced option" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC. Log file: C:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.

I have gotten the responses from Avast: AVASTUI.exe; "X (in a red circle) The instruction 0x76e3f005referenced memory at 0x00000001b. The memory could not be written"

There you have it. Me and my issues in a nutshell. I started it, can't finish it.

Cheers

Welcome aboard Trip!

I see you've already started a thread in our ICU forum. Our resident malware expert, Broni, should be along soon to help you figure out a plan of attack on those infections.

Hello

Hello, I'm a network administrator from Zagreb, Croatia. I work mostly with Cisco equipment. I'm also an owner of a CCNA study guide website.

I look forward contributing to this forums.

Hello everyone my name is Alex Brown from West midland UK, and my business is provides all computer software related tech support.

Hello!

I'm new to this forum. I'd like just to say hello to everyone. Good job!
    francheska

Hi All

been looking for a security site to rationalize my computer resources. I like your basic protection requirements and I will need to comply.

But first I have a problem getting on the internet after a 30 day anti malware trial ended. Windows XP opens , but IE8 won't open web pages . 00 Host ?

Where should I post ? Intensive care /Win XP or Internet related or Win XP operating sys

Regards and thanks.

Welcome johntom. Recommend visiting our "Intensive Care Unit" forum and follow the "malware removal instructions". This will guide you through a few preparations, as well as instruction for posting your logs in that forum.

Thread Information