How do I get rid of HD partitions

Thread: How do I get rid of HD partitions

How do I get rid of HD partitions

I've got a 2nd HD that I partitioned years ago and I'd like to make it into 1 drive now. I don't have the software to unpartition it. What can I do if I don't need the info on the HD? I have the setup floppy for the drive when I purchased it. Thx in advance.
    My Web Site - 1970 Z28 Camaro
    Retired from 35 yrs IT Hardware Planning Analyst
    Cheers
    Mark

You should be able to use the setup floppy that came with the drive to reformat the HDD with only one partition. Just follow the prompts and be sure that the HDD that you want to format is selected. You WILL lose all of the data on the drive that you are formatting.
    The other option is to create a boot floppy for Win ME while in Windows, and use that to boot the computer and reformat the drive from the FDISK command.
    Always remeber the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked.
    It's not if you KNOW the answer it's knowing where to find it.

Since this is a slave drive (2nd HD) and does not have windows on it but only data and programs, can I not just run FDISK on one of the drive letters? Maybe I can't since it has drive letters E to J.
    My Web Site - 1970 Z28 Camaro
    Retired from 35 yrs IT Hardware Planning Analyst
    Cheers
    Mark

The safest way to do this is to disconnect the Primary drive, boot off of a floppy startup disk, downloadable from www.bootdisk.com , run fdisk to remove all partitions, then create one partition then format it. Reconnect master aenter the BIOS and redetect your drive. Your second hard drive should now be usuable with one partition.

Thread Information