A bit of fun with the desktop background

Thread: A bit of fun with the desktop background

A bit of fun with the desktop background

This is for fun only, and is not too serious. I'm intrigued more than anything.

Is there a way to set the desktop to display a background image as default as soon as Windows starts. I am aware I can save a bitmap, and save that as the desktop setting.

I was just looking for something a little more advanced. For instance, my brother has a machine made by Tiny computers. When the machine satrts to windows, his desktop is the normal win ME desktop, with a Tiny logo and messages on it. However, when you go to delete/change or remove this (bitmat ???) from the list of files you can have as your desktop, it's not there?

How do they do this?

Basically, when I have helped a freind fix their PC with the support of the guys on here, i want to save a message on the desktop, telling them if they have probs to become a member of this fantastic site. That way, the site will become more popular, and I'll get some peace from the world and his wife asking me how to fix this & that. Like I said, I know I can just copy the desktop and put in a message in paint and save it as a bitmap, but I'd like something a bit more permanent and technical. So as it's not as straight forward to get rid of it.

Any ideas?

See if this helps?

Hey. That's fun. See the attached picture.

Been a while since I used ME. Would assume it's the as XP that I just experimented with.

Display properties->Desktop->Customize->Enable Web Content

It asks you for a URL to the pic or whatever you want to display.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks guys

Thanks WhitPhil & Steve. You supplied the answers, to my query.

Cheers

Thread Information