Where did systemscandata.txt come from?

Thread: Where did systemscandata.txt come from?

Where did systemscandata.txt come from?

On my C: drive there is a file called systemscandata.txt. I remember it being there even before the first time I formatted my harddrive(I have done so twice on this computer) I'm not sure where it came from or why it's there. I only found 1 page on the web that even mentioned it. I think it came from installation of game demos from PC gamming magazines. There is a little window when you run the CD that gives a summary of your system specs and the required or recommended specs, I think that the file is related to that window. I'm fairly sure this file isn't related to anything bad, but none of the people I have asked have the file on their computer. The thing that brought this up was a friend of mine didn't know what type of video card he had, and I remembered that that file listed the type of card I have. So, I told him to look for that file, only he didn't have it. The file lists my processor type and speed, my RAM and my video card. Or rather it did, I deleted it. I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have, though.

Yup, It's related to the demo CDs from the PC magazines. Just to test, I put a demo CD in and the file came back. Just to double check, I deleted the file and put the CD back in. It seems that demo CDs from PC Gamer are making the file.
    Last edited by Syzich; July 7th, 2004 at 10:53 AM.

Thread Information