Microsoft Visual C++ crashing...

Thread: Microsoft Visual C++ crashing...

Microsoft Visual C++ crashing...

I have Visual Studio 6 for a long time now..., but till now I have only been using Visual Basic...

I thought that I was ready to start using some C++ now, but when I tried to use it I can make a new project and get past the "New Project Information", ect. but after that it crashes after just a bit of use... (does the error report thing)

and that bit can be anything, adding a file, clicking on the list on the left, trying to close it, ect.

I also tried uninstall and reinstall visual studio..., but it does the same thing...

I have also gotten an error- MSDEV.EXE - application error...
    "The instruction at "0x519e1a5b" referenced memory at "0x02004f48". The memory could not be "read""

I don't know if the values are always the same though... and sometimes I get the error after MSVC++ has already closed...

VB always worked perfectly and I dont think I have ever actually used VC++ before..., I think this is the first time, so I have no idea if it ever worked...

thanx in advanced,
    Byan

MSDEV error refers to a missing library file. Possibly for the program, but might be in your routine. Probably better to ask in one of the C language forums before your keyboard walks away from it all...

ok..., I'll ask in the codeguru forums, see what help I can get from there...

thanx again,
    Byan

Thread Information