I just moved from Atlanta to Las Vegas. I was running a home network in Atlanta with a Netgear Wireless G router and Comcast cable as my broadband provider. No problems in Atlanta.

After my cable and internet were hooked up here in Vegas connecting directly to the cable modem wired was fine. When I hooked up the Netgear router a curious thing happened. If a ran an ethernet cable from the router to my laptop it connected fine. When I unplugged the cable to go wireless, I could see a connect icon in the tray which indicated an excellent connection to the router. However, when I opened my browser nothing worked. I got that awful can't connect page.

Cox cable was no help saying they did not support routers and told me to call Netgear. I ended up having to pay a premium fee but somehow the tech got it to work. He made me reset the router and pull the plug while continuing to press the reset button. He said the techs told him something about the capacitors. It worked temporarily and then stopped. Figuring it was a defective router I bought a D-Link router to try and it seemed fine. Suddenly while surfing it just now internet access stopped again even though the connection to the router was great. I unplugged both the router and the cable modem and then plugged them back in again. Now it works again????

So what's wrong? Is it Cox cable's broadband? Is it incompatible with networks and broadband? Is it my laptop or settings? What d I do? Help!!!!