can't type in IE6?

Thread: can't type in IE6?

Question can't type in IE6?

hey ppl, we have this one Win2k Pro workstation that had the PWSteal.Trojan which was removed...so I think. Now I can't type in any IE6 window/address bar This system has SP4 running and IE6/SP1. I can however, type when I boot into Safe Mode. Don't know what's running in the background that can be causing this...but there's something I'm still working on this but thought I'd post up in case someone came across this and has a solution...I hope Thanks!

Oh, I reran NAV(with updated defs) in Safe Mode, but found nothing.

-jr
    knowledge is power

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Don't know what all software you ran before when trying to get rid of that trojan, but run the below three programs in sequence. Updating the first two before scanning with them.

Spybot Search & Destroy

Adaware

After you those two clean anything they find. Download and install the next program in its own folder, then click the scan button, after it scans, click on the Save Log button, (scan button turns into save log button) and when it opens in Notepad, go to Edit then Select all, and copy and paste the log into this thread.

Hijackthis

You could have a keylogger that is preventing the function of typing in the address bar.

thanks, will give it a shot and post the results
    knowledge is power

Thread Information