System will not recognize formatted CDRW

Thread: System will not recognize formatted CDRW

System will not recognize formatted CDRW

I recently started burning my digital pictures onto CDRW's and ran into a problem after formatting the disk. After I formatted the disk my Dell Optiplex 240 will not read it, but if I put a brand new disk in everything works fine. I am using Roxio Easy Creator 5 on Windows XP home edition. Is the problem caused by formatting the disk? should I have used erase instead? Any ideas?

Thanks

The idea of the cdrw cds is good, and like you, they work fine the first time, but after that they are just expensive coasters. So I gave up and switched to cdrs and as cheap as they are, I have stuck with using them.

Have you gone to roxio and seen if there are any updates for it.

Might want to uninstall Roxio and try Nero or NTI as they both have a trail version. Yes I have both installed and between the 2, they do what I want done.

I agree that CDRWs work great the first time out of the package. I tried to erase the CDRW that I created the other day and now my system will not recognize it. I uninstalled Roxio Easy CD Creator and installed Nero but same problem. Must be the CDRW (CQ from Fry's). Any ideas how to get the system to recognize the disk so I can do something with it besides using it as a coaster? I like CDRW because they are reusable. Sometimes I only need to burn a few pictures to get developed at Costco and I hate to waste a whole CDR for that even though they are very cheap.

Isobuster can sometimes be invaluble for recovering data from otherwise unreadable discs:

Isobuster
    Nick.

You format a cdrw to use it with packet writing software such as Incd, PacketCd, DirectCd.

If you just want to use it as an eraseable disk, you don't format it. You burn as normal , then erase/blank when you want to start again.

You could try v2 of SuperBlank, it sometimes can help with stubborn cdrws..
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, (XP Mode virtual pc enabled)
    WEI 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 5.9
    Intel Core i5-2310, 8GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 OC
    Samsung Syncmaster SA300 23.6" monitor

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

Try installing this EasyWriteReader freeware and see if this helps:

http://www.nero.com/en/631977199298978.html

I've been using this for 3 years and don't have any problems with reading either the 700MB or the Pocket 210MB CD-RW's.

Like You I was also haveing Probs....Some of my CDRWs where Writen with In -CD others with Direct CD others with EasyWriteReader etc etc.,.....To Overcome my problems I now have to Click on Direct CD to open it in order for my CDRWs to work..........If I don't do that, some will open to show the Folders n files but Will Not Eject etc.,.....
    So, Install Direct CD Do not let it start at Start-Up, but each time U want to Explore or write to a CDRW, just go to Start, Programs, Direct-CD.......Good Luck...
    ASUS K8N-E Deluxe with NForce3----AMD Athlon64 3000+ @ 209.08MHz---Saphire Radeon 9600xt---Gone to HEAVEN!

Other PC is--ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe--AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+/2GB Corsair XMS2-6400C4 TwinX Dual Channel kit----ASUS GeForce 8600 GT 512 GDDR3 Silent HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI Express)
    Corsair 520W Modular PSU---n a Load of Other things to numerous to mention..

I Am Me, You Are You. I Am Unique, So Are You.

well everyone.....I see one problem. It's a dell.....dude, he's going to....well nevermind. Try removing it from your hardware list and then reinstalling also....who knows
    A7N8X-e deluxe
    XP2800 CPU
    GeForce FX5700 (256 mb)
    1024 kingston ram (2 512's)Dual channel mode
    1 300 GB Western Digital HDD
    Artec CD-RW 52x32x52
    Mitsumi Flop Drive
    onboard sound
    Antec 450 watt PS

Thread Information