Cannot rid a program wildtanget from my computer!!

Thread: Cannot rid a program wildtanget from my computer!!

Cannot rid a program wildtanget from my computer!!

Just recently, I noticed after running my adware6 utility, I have a program on my computer called Wild Tangent. Apparently riddled with spyware, I deleted what I could find in my computer on this program last night.

However, when I looked in my control panel just now, I found this Wildtangent program at the bottom of my control panel folder. No matter what I try, it will not delete. I can only open it, and that does nothing, except show me how to utilize the program.

www.wildtangent.com is the website, but how do I rid this infectous annoyance for good and forever??

Please advise.
    tate

p.s. i just ran adware again, and today, it found nothing.
    SONY VIAO Intel Core Duo II CPU
    P8400 2.26 GHZ 3.0GB 32bit operating system
    Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
    laptop model VGN-FW139E

This happened to me not too long ago. I noticed Wild Tangent popping up on all of my computers. I regularly run Adaware, Spybot and keep Spyware Blaster up-to-date. So now I've narrowed it down to the newest version of AIM (AOL Instant Messaging).
    I was able to remove it completely via Ad-Aware and Spybot. Just make sure that all lists are fully up-to-date. You can also try removing Wild Tangent from the Add/Remove Wizard from the control panel.
    Incredible PC Solutions

Q: How many Microsoft tech support people does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Four:
    One to ask "What is the registration number of the light bulb?"
    One to ask "Have you tried rebooting it?"
    Another to ask "Have you tried reinstalling it?"
    And the last one to say "It must be your hardware because the light bulb in our office works fine..."

i have wildtangent too

I have had Wild Tangent on my control panel list too. I've had it there for a while. I use Adaware and AVG and it hasn't found any spyware/adware/virii/trojans in the programs.... I do have AIM and use daily... Should I remove the 3 Wild Tangent programs on the Add/Remove programs list, my computer has been working fine. TIA, Sam
    Originally posted by (unknown)
    Micro$oft works - I finally understand the definition of an oxymoron

It certainly cannot hurt to remove it from the Add/Remove. I think that as long as a fully updated Ad-Aware and Spybot do not find Wild Tangent on the system, it is safe to say that it isn't really there.
    You can also try checking C:\WINNT\ for a folder called WT. That is where Wild Tangent likes to place their wonderful crap. It is safe to delete that folder as well.
    Incredible PC Solutions

Q: How many Microsoft tech support people does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Four:
    One to ask "What is the registration number of the light bulb?"
    One to ask "Have you tried rebooting it?"
    Another to ask "Have you tried reinstalling it?"
    And the last one to say "It must be your hardware because the light bulb in our office works fine..."

I am always updating AIM, seems like a weekly basis anymore!

This Wild Tangent is NOT in my add remove programs, but it just floats by itself underneath all my other utilities in my contol panel folder at the bottom, and I cannot delete it.

I have thoroughly checked my computer and as of yestarday's clean out, there is NO programs of this wild tangent in the computer, except for this,

how can I rid this should I uninstall AIM??
    laptop model VGN-FW139E

Howdy:

WildTangent - Adware removal instructions

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner...nt/index.phtml

Murray

I went through the manual remove instructions line by line, and neither values were listed. So there was nothing to delete.

There has to be a way to get into the computer and delete this from the control panel!!

In essence, it isn't doing anything, but sitting there, its just the fact of having this crap, when I didn't want it there in the first place, sitting on my computer.

Any other suggestions?
    Please advise.
    laptop model VGN-FW139E

Every applet I've ever seen in Control Panel had the.CPL extension. A search for *.CPL might find the file that's showing up in Control Panel. If you're not sure what one of the found files does, double clicking on it should start a program.

There may be other extensions that can/will show up in Control Panel, if there are hopefully someone will post a list.

Looking for the file that way, I found it right away and deleted it and YES IT DISAPPEARED!!!

Thank you very much!!

I'm finally 2 for 2 in a positive way tonight!!

laptop model VGN-FW139E

Thumbs up

Thread Information