Printer prints but no ink on paper!!.....new ink pak!!

Thread: Printer prints but no ink on paper!!.....new ink pak!!

Hybrid View

Printer prints but no ink on paper!!.....new ink pak!!

Hi all....just bought a Canon BJC 2100 and i got it set up and everything....all my port configurations and proper drivers are installed....when i try to print something it sends it to the printer and i can see the job in the print queue and the printer starts printing and prints the whole page but NO INK is written on the paper....it did all the proper movements as if it were really printing ....the only difference is that no ink is coming out on the paper....i've checked the cartridge and i can touch the bottom of it and i can touch the ink itself on the edge of the writing part....anyways i've removed all the tapes on that writing part but still no ink comes out of my cartridge.....really confused up here guys....would appreciate some help if yall not too busy
    thanx
    Joe

Trialzone, sounds to me like you have gotten hold of a bad cartridge. If I were you I would see about exchanging it. I have a Canon BJC4400 and believe me if you touch the bottom of the cartridge you are gonna get ink on yourself if it is working properly. Probably not what you wanted to hear but its just MHO.
    Chrissy
    What a wonderful thing learning is.!!!
    Chrissy

the thing is when i touch the bottom of the cartridge i do get ink on my fingers...but it just won't write it on the paper

it might be a bad cartridge as your saying or some weird thing going on with the hardware
    lol

Have you removed the piece of clear plastic from the bottom of the cartridge.
    Win 7
    Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    I5 2500k @4ghz
    8Gb DDR3 2133Mhz
    Crucial M4 128Gb SataIII SSd
    Sapphire Radeon 6870
    Samsung 931bf 19" LCD

yes i have done that.....it's weird that it's still not printing

Try booting directly to DOS and sending soemthing to the printer. That would help you determine if it is a WIndows Driver problem or a mechanical problem with the printer.

When you print DIRECTLY from DOS, you are actually printing real native text, however, when you print text from Windows, it is converted into graphics.

If you don't have a DOS program that can print text, try this on the command line-

copy autoexec.bat LPT1

this is assuming that your 'autoexec.bat' file actually has something in it. You could substitute config.sys or msdos.sys in place of autoexec.bat.

Sorry but I think the correct syntax is
    copy autoexec.bat > LPT1
    Unless this has changed in DOS 7 (win95) the output of the copy command has to be directed to a new device if you want that device to get the input from the command
    This also assumes that there is something in the autoexec.bat file.
    In the case of 95+ it is preferred that both autoexec.bat & config.sys are empty
    I think you are doing something fundamentally wrong. Like the tape isnt off the cartridge, or something like that although you said it was
    This is not a windows 95 problem in other words
    Check the basic simple setup stuff for the printer again
    Sure sounds like that the problem is with the cartridge itself because the printer acts like it is working.
    The thing about the jet printers is that the little copper thingy on the bottom of the cartridge is the print head itself.
    You should never touch it. Oil from your pores can cause the cartridge to clog
    I would suggest trying a new cartridge right off & chalking the old one off if a new one works
    In the beginning there was the command line

Hey Trialzone,
    I got a BJC 2000,
    Check your book for directions on clearing the inkjets.
    Also, through experience I have found that touching any of the printed circuit on the side of the cartridge will screw it up and it will not print! I tried cleaning it with alcohol and everything but it didn't work, I had to replace the cartridge, and I learned to just pull out the ink wells and leave the cartridge alone!

Good Luck,
    Dave

------------------
    Windows Tips *** Help others less fortunate.
    *** Help others less fortunate.

JESUS IS LORD !

Try running a hot iron over the page, it might be invisible ink!! Sorry couldn't resist that. I would take it back, have it replaced and see what happens.

Thread Information