Authorware Runtime Error

Thread: Authorware Runtime Error

Authorware Runtime Error

I was using a program that is multiple test questions. Somehow the program just crashed and is no longer working after using it for many months. When I click on the shortcut, it gives me the Error message "Authorware Runtime." No new programs/changes have been made to the computer. I have un-installed/re-installed multiple times with no luck. My antivirus was off during this time as I tried to reinstall this program. What can I do? There is no Authorware runtime in the control panel nor program files. I even tried restoring the computer to a previous point which did not help either.

Please help!

Thanks
    Last edited by BigTimeNovice; January 22nd, 2004 at 02:11 AM.

The Authorware Runtime Engine is named "Runa3w.exe" (or "Runa4w.exe", etc.).

Macromedia Authorware
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/a...info/overview/
    Vernon Frazee, Microsoft MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Defenses Up!
    Tip: When prompted for a password, give an incorrect one first. A phishing site will accept it; a legitimate one won't.

Inside Spyware: A Guide to Finding, Removing and Preventing Online Pests

If you don't keep up with security fixes, your computer|network won't be yours for long.

Vernon,

I am not trying to program anything. This program has been working normally for months until now. I have Macromedia's Shockwave and Flash players already installed. What should I try now?

What is the error message you are getting? Just Authorware Runtime or any additional info like filenames, etc?

Also, have you tried to run the testing program from the Start menu or thru windows explorer and not the shortcut?
    Micro$oft Works - I Finally Understand the Definition of an Oxymoron.

Peer VI is the name of the program and I have tried to run the program from the desktop and start menu as well.

This is the error report:

The box is titled Authorware Runtime has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

When I hit click here to see what data the report contains:

Error signature: AppName peervi.exe
    App ver: 6.0.0.0
    ModName: peervi.exe
    ModVer: 6.0.0.0
    Offset: 000c16d8

This is what I could type out.
    Thanks

When uninstalling traces and files are left behind, if you reinstall corrupt files may not be overwritten.
    To uninstall fully before reinstalling, do this.
    Uninstall using Add/Remove programs, then using Windows Explorer find the Peer V1 folder (if it has not been removed by uninstall process) it will probably be under 'Program Files' and delete the folder.
    There may still be trace/references left in the registry, using regedit from the 'Run' command, check for references to the program in the 'HKey_Current_User/Software' and
    'Hkey_Local/Software.
    Before deleting any references export them to a temp repository eg My Documents, in case you need to restore them.
    Also create a system restore point before start.
    Note: caution must always be taken when editing the registry.

Now Reinstal. Good Luck

regards
    Dennis

Dennis,

That seems to have done the trick. Let's hope it continues to work. Don't know why it became corrupted in the first place.

Thanks for all the help

Thread Information