VPN problems

Thread: VPN problems

VPN problems

Hi. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it endlessly.

I have had and used a vpn on my computer for months now, but all of a sudden i got the 732 error message talking to me about authentication and ppp., I have NO idea what this means, or how to fix this problem. I Have a broadband connection with Windows XP SP2. I think it uses a pptp connection. From what i understand, this has something to do with my router being out of sync with my laptop settings. Can anyone help me sort out the jargon and fix this problem. I have a very limited understanding of technical terms too so plz respond in lamens terms. Thanks

Error 732: The PPP negotiation is not converging.
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/vpnissues/error732.htm
    Cause:

1. The negotiation of PPP parameters did not succeed because the local and remote computers could not agree on a common set of parameters.

2. This error may be caused by an improper Authentication and encryption setting in the Dial-Up Networking connection.

Resolution:

1. Make sure you have good connection.

2. Check both server and client Authentication and encryption setting and make sure both have the same settings.
    ?

More: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...pp&btnG=Search

Did anything at all change (either at home or at work) around when the problem started?

What brand and model of router do you have at home?
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information