Past items in custom stertup?

Thread: Past items in custom stertup?

Question Past items in custom startup?

Hi all ,Season Greetings, Question= How do you remove past items in the custom startup area when you click on taskbar and hit properties, then startup I have a long list of PAST items under the current start up items, how do you remove those PAST items? Thanx newme

May have asked this previously?
    Last edited by newme; December 30th, 2003 at 01:36 AM.
    newme/notme = never accept a no from someone who is not in the position to give you a yes!

newme
    Seasons Greetings to you too!
    If you mean removing past items from the System Tray, I don`t think there is any way to do it without using a tweak. Have a look at this.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1238/

Elaine

Microsoft's Tweak UI has a setting to automatically clear the most recently used list (and more). http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../powertoys.asp

There are also many third-party programs and utilities that will clear it too, such as: Window Washer, Evidence Cleaner, Auto Eraser Pro, Winwash A.S.C, ZDelete.NET, PAL Evidence Eliminator, History Cleaner, Smartscrubber, Viacleaner, Tracks Clear, Internet Cleaner, PALADIN Evidence Eliminator, Privacy Inspector, etc.
    Vernon Frazee, Microsoft MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Defenses Up!
    Tip: When prompted for a password, give an incorrect one first. A phishing site will accept it; a legitimate one won't.

Inside Spyware: A Guide to Finding, Removing and Preventing Online Pests

If you don't keep up with security fixes, your computer|network won't be yours for long.

newme, If you're uncomfortable with editing the registry using the link that Elaine provided go to the link below and under the letter "N" scroll down to "Notification Area - Remove Past Icons",
    "Remove Past Items From the Notification Area (Line 53)"

Once done, Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process. In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer, and then click OK".

Download and run the Tweak and follow the instructions directly above.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

HTH,
    Tufenuf

Originally posted by Tufenuf
    ...Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process. In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer.exe, and then click OK"...
    I use the attached file to do the same, then follow Tufenuf directions. There's several ways to do the same thing... hth
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Dreams are born in your heart and in your mind, only there can they ever die." - Art Berg

Re: Past items in custom startup?

Originally posted by newme
    Hi all ,Season Greetings, Question= How do you remove past items in the custom startup area when you click on taskbar and hit properties, then startup I have a long list of PAST items under the current start up items, how do you remove those PAST items? Thanx newme

May have asked this previously?
    Here is a screen shot of what I am trying to remove=
    Attached Images Attached Images
    newme/notme = never accept a no from someone who is not in the position to give you a yes!

newme, Elaine's, Fuel@m's and Tufenuf's (mine) suggestions will all accomplish what you want.

Tufenuf

newme, Elaine's, Fuel@m's and Tufenuf's (mine) suggestions will all accomplish what you want.

Tufenuf
    I tried this one did not work will try another one thanksTufenuf

...Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process. In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer.exe, and then click OK"...

DID THE TRICK

newme, If you're uncomfortable with editing the registry using the link that Elaine provided go to the link below and under the letter "N" scroll down to "Notification Area - Remove Past Icons",
    "Remove Past Items From the Notification Area (Line 53)"

Once done, Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process. In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type explorer, and then click OK".

Download and run the Tweak and follow the instructions directly above.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

HTH,
    Tufenuf
    THANKS Tufenuf THIs one did the trick much appreciated

newme, Glad to see that it worked and Thanks for posting back to let us know.

Happy New Year,
    Tufenuf

Thread Information