When I view my Folders, some are tiles and some are icons!

Thread: When I view my Folders, some are tiles and some are icons!

Question When I view my Folders, some are tiles and some are icons!

So why when I view folders some are in Tile form (which I don't like due to the bigger size) and I then change them back to Icon, but latter they may go back to being Tiles. Why? I thought once you had them set they would stay there until you physically change them back again. I don't want Tiles! Can this be set permanently? It's been doing this for ages, I just decided to post about this annoyance today. Thank you again. KB11
    Last edited by KevinB11; December 28th, 2003 at 04:24 PM.

IN windows explorer, try going to Tools menu, and choose folder options.
    In here go to the View tab, and check the box that says "remember each folders view settings"
    That may solve your problem.

"Remember each folders view setting" was checked

Thanks david_watt,

The box was already checked, but I saw two boxes, one saying " Apply to All Folders" and the other "Reset All Folders". Anyway I clicked on "Reset All Folders". Not exactly sure what the difference is at this point, but right now it seems to be working. If something happens again then I'll try the "Apply to All Folders" option. Thanks for telling me where to set this. KB11

KevinB11,
    You do have to check "Apply to all Folders". Even with this option checked many people have problems with the settings not staying. If it works for you....fine. If you still have problems it will be because XP remembers 400 folder settings, and when you have more than 400 folders, it begins to lose memory of their settings at random.
    This is a problem for many and this is a hack to make it larger

http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-11.html

Remember to back up your registry first if you need to use the hack

Elaine

Thank you!

Originally posted by dunedin
    KevinB11,
    You do have to check "Apply to all Folders". Even with this option checked many people have problems with the settings not staying. If it works for you....fine. If you still have problems it will be because XP remembers 400 folder settings, and when you have more than 400 folders, it begins to lose memory of their settings at random.
    This is a problem for many and this is a hack to make it larger

http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-11.html

Remember to back up your registry first if you need to use the hack

Elaine
    Thanks for the help there. I wasn't sure about that. I am now. I think I may have even gone back and clicked on "Apply to all Folders" anyway if I'm not mistaken. Will keep both eyes on it and see what happens down the road. Thanks for link too. KB11

Thread Information