another blaster related query......

Thread: another blaster related query......

Angry another blaster related query......

Like so many othjers, I am having a lot of trouble getting rid of this little blastard! HOWEVER, that is not now my main problem, it gets worse!!

I too tried to get the patch after using two removal tools and they reported my machine to be blaster free. Tools say it has gone, but I know I'm infected cos all my windows update stuff isn't working and the svc error messages and other problems.

You need SP4 said MS so I tried to download and instal the SP4 ...didn't work, couldn't install it. .

Anyway, I downloaded all of the SP4 files so I could instal them without being connected to the internet. All was going fine until I get messages saying certain files could not be found. Then, the whole process of installing SP4 failed before it was complete, leaving me with a machine that will not work.

when i started the computer again after it crashed it says there are lots of files etc missing and windows 2000 cannot start. It says I must insert my roiginal CD and press "r" to repair windows 2000. BIG PROBLEM: I don't have the CD anymore.

What the hell can I do now??? Any suggestions welcome.

Sime.

(incase you are wondering, I had a (very unstable) version of windows 98 tucked away on my drive somewhere and just say managed to get it working! I'm too scared to turn it off so I'll be online indefinitely!!!).
    If I was a fish I probably wouldn't have a computer.

Yet another case of drive image or ghost would have saved your butt.....now that we got that out of the way....you are going to have to find your 2000 cd or find someone who has one that will allow you to make the boot disks off of it.....naturally assuming you have your own registration code....
    I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.Leonardo da Vinci

Tesla's Fansite

Talking

Yeah, I've got the certificate and the box but no CD. We moved home recently so I guess it's another item to add to the missing in action list.

How about this? Is this any kinda fix? I have windows XP and was going to upgrade anyway...what I'm not sure about is how do I get all my files etc from my Windows 2000 safe and sound before I go up to XP?

Even if we assume I have rescued my files, will going up to XP work whilst my version of 2000 is so badly damaged? Or will I still need my 2000 CD to make the change?

I do backup files so I already have a lot of stuff on discs but there's about a months worth of work on my machine but how do I find it when I can only use this version of 98 that's running now?

Reading that back to myself, I hope you can understand me cos I can't!!!!
    If I was a fish I probably wouldn't have a computer.

Thread Information