Wat does Active Desktop Recovery mean?

Thread: Wat does Active Desktop Recovery mean?

Hybrid View

Wat does Active Desktop Recovery mean?

Win ME. Is there anything damaged, say the registry or system files when Active Desktop Recovery pops up? And what do I do?

Not totally sure if this applies to you, but if you are using Active Desktop, the Active Desktop Recovery screen appears. Clicking Restore My Active Desktop and then clicking Yes restores your Active Desktop settings, but the icons on the right side of the taskbar may be missing until you restart Windows.

Been several years since I've seen one...
    "Dreams are born in your heart and in your mind, only there can they ever die." - Art Berg

Re: Wat does Active Desktop Recovery mean?

Originally posted by JonathanB
    Win ME. Is there anything damaged, say the registry or system files when Active Desktop Recovery pops up? And what do I do?
    I use Win ME and Active Desktop and this periodically happens to me when a restart or boot doesn't go as planned (no biggy). I haven't noticed any bad things happening because of it or prior to it happening. I choose recover and I'm back where I want to be.
    Pretender

AVG, SpybotSD, Ad-aware, ZoneAlarm, NWClient, and from Javacool: (SG, SB, FC, MRUB, IDB), NOD32 v2, Norton GoBack 3.0

okay...

Thread Information