"Registry data not found"

Thread: "Registry data not found"

"Registry data not found"

Every time I reboot, a small error box appears on my desktop which says, "Registry data not found."
    Everything seems to be working just fine, but besides the fact that this message is annoying, I'm afraid it may be a warning of something worse to come...

The only information I've been able to find about this particular error message said to boot into Safe Mode, unplug the keyboard, uninstall the keyboard driver, reboot, plug keyboard back in, and let the computer find it and reinstall the drivers.

Did it - twice - didn't work...

Someone else suggested it may be caused by a program which was deleted without being uninstalled. (This is very possible as I have several "grown" children who use my computer also....)

But regardless of what may have caused it, I have yet to find a solution.

Any ideas???

Thanks a bunch!
    rosetta
    May God bless all our valiant troops
    Wherever they may roam
    And bless us too, their families,
    Waiting anxiously at home...

"Someone else suggested it may be caused by a program which was deleted without being uninstalled."

This was my first guess while reading....

Will be tough to figure out. Go to start->Run and type MSCONFIG

The startup tab as a check mark on programs that are loading during bootup. One of these is probably the culprit.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Talking

I didn't think I'd be able to do anything through the start-up programs if the problem was caused by something that had been deleted. Also was hoping for some way to fix it without repeatedly rebooting to find it through a process of elimination.
    BUT...
    I did exactly that - disabling a few at a time until I hit on a set that stopped the error msg. from coming up. Narrowed that down to the mHotKey.
    Used Google to find out just what that is, and according to http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...tasklist_m.htm it does indeed have to do with the keyboard software after all!

I'm not going to remove and reinstall the keyboard again unless I have further problems though. I'm not sure what the mHotKey is supposed to control, but my typing keys obviously work, and so do the only "extra" keys I ever use, which are for the volume control. -- Good enough for me!

Thanks again for your help! Y'all come through for me every time!!
    rosetta
    May God bless all our valiant troops
    Wherever they may roam
    And bless us too, their families,
    Waiting anxiously at home...

Thread Information