Ink cartridge,Epson, how reset chip?

Thread: Ink cartridge,Epson, how reset chip?

Ink cartridge,Epson, how reset chip?

Ink cartridges sometimes seem to cost almost as much as the Printer itself - so - I bought a Stratitec ink refill kit - but - after refilling the black cartridge the Printer would not work. Then, I read the entire booklet of instructions and it says the 'chip' (on the ink cartridge) may to be reset. To do this, instructions say to mail the chip in to the Stratitec company. Can I do this myself? The Printer is an Epson Stylus 777. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks, Norm69
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong --- at the worst possible time! Norm69

I realize your cartridge is epson stylus 777 BUT,.. wanted to pass this onto you., as i have a HP printer and had the same problem as you tried this and it worked !
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

It is too late to tell you now, but you should have bought a refill kit with a deprogrammer for the chip. They normally come with an empty tank. You peel the chip from the Epson cartridge and deprogram it. Then put it in the slot in the new cartridge and fill it. From then on you slide the chip out and reprogram it every time you refill. The kits with the empty cartridges and deprogrammers are reasonably inexpensive.

I think what ttodd is referring to is a nuisance on the HPs that give an empty signal when it calculates the tank is empty regardless of whether you refill it. The Epson is completely different in that Epson designed them to keep the printer from working when the chip calculates the tank is empty. The only workaround I have seen is to deprogram the chip or buy replacement cartridges with a chip in them. Epson specifically designed it to keep you from refilling so you will have to buy Epson cartridges since they probably make more money selling one refill set of tanks than from selling an entire printer.

Resetting counter on cartridge

Ttodd -- First, thanks for the link to the Stratitec way to reset the HP's. The Epson has a different set of contacts, but I still used a piece of tape and tried the method for the HP's - didn't work - repeated it again - still wouldn't work. Then I called the company and they informed I required a special tool for the Epson - or, I could send the chip into them and they would reset it for me for $3. I'll most likely send it to them, cause the tool costs $17.00 - and I might never use it again. (I'll switch back to my Canon Printer.)
    Note - After trying the above - I read Slipe's message, and I must give him credit - he's right.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion.
    Norm69
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong --- at the worst possible time! Norm69

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Norm don't give up yet, I have emailed a gentleman who has a cure/program for resetting Epson (my printer also) cartridges.

Thread Information