The unsolved printing problem...

Thread: The unsolved printing problem...

The unsolved printing problem...

Problem:
    Trying to print from win2000 server to the printer installed on win XP home system via home network, connected with crossover cable.

I have the host pc (win2k svr) which has two NICS in it and I have a little home network with the xp system, (the guest) I am connecting the two with crossover cable and configed the NICS so my one NIC that is the main NIC for the cable modem to obtain ip auto, and then i set the 2nd NIC to the standard sharing default ip. 129..and then the default submask. On the XP home i configed the NIC to obtain ip auto. All is fine I have internet on both system as blazing speeds. Here is what I did so far, both machines have the same workgroup and have thier own names, the XP home system, I ran the sharing animation so it would share my entire drive with the server...went through the animation and completed, then I enabled the printer to be shared on the network and also gave it a name. Then on the 2000 server system I enabled file sharing, and ran the add a printer on the network and searched for the name that I gave it and it gave me this error: "Printer name invalid or printer does not exist on the network" Client for microsoft networks and client for MS printer and file sharing installed and enabled on both pc's. I don't think its possible. I also can only see on the network my XP system while on the XP system and can only see the 2000 system on the 2000 system. Any help would be great!

DOC~
    Last edited by Tha_Doc13; May 13th, 2003 at 10:20 AM.

Thread Information