Can record to CD, but won't finalize

Thread: Can record to CD, but won't finalize

Unhappy Can record to CD, but won't finalize

Hi,

I've been having trouble with my CD burning software. I'm using the Soundstream option from Roxio CD Creator, and the recording process seems to work fine. When it finishes finalizing the CD, I get a message saying 'looking for CD information' and then the tracks appear, but the CD is not finalized. Any ideas before I download a new software?

Thanks,

Geri

Does the resulting disc play in a standard CD player? If it does, don't worry about it. There's no requirement to close (or "finalize") an audio disc. Only the first session needs to be closed to be playable.

If it doesn't play, is there a setting to allow you to record Disc-At-Once? DAO closes the disc as it writes, so no further steps are needed. It just writes beginning-to-end.

Is it possible that I'm trying to write more data than the CD can hold? I have about 79 minutes and a few seconds on an 80 minute CD. Maybe there is not enough room for it to finalize. . I'm going to try to remove one of the songs and try again.

Thanks,
    Geri

When your're at the last screen before you copy, there should be an "Advanced" button, under Advanced it'll give you any option to Finalize and to set it as your default setting if you'd like.
    "Dreams are born in your heart and in your mind, only there can they ever die." - Art Berg

Thanks, everyone, for your help. I actually removed one of the songs and it worked. I think I had overloaded the CD and there was not enough room to write any additional info for the finalization process.

Thanks, again!

Geri

Thread Information