What "little" program could you simply not do without? - Page 41
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: What "little" program could you simply not do without?

VMware Player, everything I do is done in VMs.

Nice to see this thread is still plodding on!

I use Locate32 to search my PC. It is without doubt the fastest and most versatile I've ever used.
    Cheers,
    Keith

A couple of programs I've come to love since the last time I posted in this thread:

Filezilla FTP Client and Server http://filezilla-project.org/

Audacity Audio Editor http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro

VideoLAN Media Player http://www.videolan.org/

and I've really come to love the flexibility of Thunderbird http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney M
    I don't think there's anything out there that can search your PC like it does!
    Well ill tell ya,REGSEEKER finds more files on my computer than windows search does!! (I am not sure what win search is not showing as it have 'SHOW ALL FILES' enabled)

Quote Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
    Well ill tell ya,REGSEEKER finds more files on my computer than windows search does!! (I am not sure what win search is not showing as it have 'SHOW ALL FILES' enabled)
    But I was talking about the Program, "Search Everything"
    Not Windows's search which is junk!

Free File Transfer Program

Go to https://www.wetransfer.com/ for a free little program that will tranfer your large files in a very fast time frame. It is free but they try to sell you a paid ver. Transfer large files in seconds if not a minute or two. I love it!
    - Be Proud For All Of You Have Given Unselfishly Of Your Time And Self To Help Others -

Lastpass and Xmarks are the 2 I can't do without; adblock also.

Quote Originally Posted by Webshark2000 View Post
    I've always wanted to make a list of all of the great little programs I've found over the years that I feel like I couldn't do without. You know the one's I'm talking about, the first ones that you put on a computer if you've just installed the System Software. Those little programs that maybe even Microsoft has realized how good they are and they've integrated them into their OS (like a zip program).

I can name a few, but I'd like to hear your favorites and if you can offer a link to them that would be great as well.

One of my favorites is MomWallpaper, a wallpaper randomizer that let's you set the amount of time each wallpaper is shown, resize, stretch, run randomly or sequentially, and it works with just about any image format. I liked it so much that I bought version 1.1.3 years ago and it works perfectly, but you can download free trial of it.

Another of my favorites is GoldWave. It's another shareware program that gives you a huge amount of options in editing Wav files and you can also use it to record any sound the comes through your sound card at excellent quality.

I'll list one more (although I've got probably a dozen or so I love). The last one is CDex. I believe it is Freeware. You can rip tracks from your audio CDs into Wav or Mp3 format and it even supports CDDB so it can download and automatically list the CD Artist, Song Titles, and more. It supports a ton of audio formats and even lets you convert audio files as well.

Well there, I've listed just a few of the "little" programs I really enjoy and you can even download all of them for yourselves (at least a trial). I'm very eager to hear some of your favorites.

me too! I love MOMWALLPAPER.So nice!

Is it really so that this "What Little Programs ...?" thread is closed to new posts? I don't see a way to initiate a new one.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    wdc. if it were closed, you wouldn't have been able to post your question.

photolady: I am posting this by using the Post Reply button at the bottom of your message. I do not see a New Post button anywhere; how do I submit a new message, not related to a specific old post? ....wdc

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I do not see a New Post button anywhere; how do I submit a new message, not related to a specific old post? ....wdc
    I'm not sure I follow what you mean. Posting a new message is what you did when you clicked on "Post Reply." Now if you want to post a message, unconnected to this thread, you would create a new thread, by clicking on the "New Thread" button at the top of this forum.

Scroll down a bit more and the Quick reply , area should show up.

Quote Originally Posted by wdc View Post

I do not see a New Post button anywhere; how do I submit a new message, not related to a specific old post? ....wdc
    To start a New Thread:
    1. Go to VirtualDr's main Forum page: http://discussions.virtualdr.com

2. Now click on the Forum that you would like to start your new thread in.

3. Then click the "New Thread" button.
    You will now be creating the very first Message within your New Thread.

Of course photolady was confused by my question. The
    "new Posts" button was there all the time; don't know how I missed it. Sorry for the confusion. and thank you all. ...wdc.

Thread Information