I've always wanted to make a list of all of the great little programs I've found over the years that I feel like I couldn't do without. You know the one's I'm talking about, the first ones that you put on a computer if you've just installed the System Software. Those little programs that maybe even Microsoft has realized how good they are and they've integrated them into their OS (like a zip program).

I can name a few, but I'd like to hear your favorites and if you can offer a link to them that would be great as well.

One of my favorites is MomWallpaper, a wallpaper randomizer that let's you set the amount of time each wallpaper is shown, resize, stretch, run randomly or sequentially, and it works with just about any image format. I liked it so much that I bought version 1.1.3 years ago and it works perfectly, but you can download free trial of it.

Another of my favorites is GoldWave. It's another shareware program that gives you a huge amount of options in editing Wav files and you can also use it to record any sound the comes through your sound card at excellent quality.

I'll list one more (although I've got probably a dozen or so I love). The last one is CDex. I believe it is Freeware. You can rip tracks from your audio CDs into Wav or Mp3 format and it even supports CDDB so it can download and automatically list the CD Artist, Song Titles, and more. It supports a ton of audio formats and even lets you convert audio files as well.

Well there, I've listed just a few of the "little" programs I really enjoy and you can even download all of them for yourselves (at least a trial). I'm very eager to hear some of your favorites.