Network Login Box Does Not Appear on Startup

Thread: Network Login Box Does Not Appear on Startup

Network Login Box Does Not Appear on Startup

I'm working on a PC where I can't get the network login box to appear upon startup. All of the other systems in our Agency the logon box appears automatically upon startup. I can still log on to the network, however, by going to start, logoff, THEN the network logon box appears.

I realize this has to do with connecting to the network, but this is a problem with the client running 98....

I've done everything I can think of...

Client for microsoft networks is installed and configured for the appropriate domain.

The NIC is installed...I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it

I've tried installing a different NIC.

I've removed the TCP/IP stack and reinstalled it.

I even reformatted and reinstalled the entire system (not only because of this problem).

I even called in an outside vendor who tried some things with the Registry (don't ask me exactly what) but he couldn't figure it out either.

Any Ideas? Thanx a bunch.

i had a similar problem with a machine that had a corrupted wins protocall. it was corrupted by the improper removal of new.net spyware. But reformatting and reinstalling the system fixed mine. if you are getting the same problem coming back after you "reformatted" and reinstalled, (and not just reinstalled) then it sounds like a nic driver issue or a server problem.

sorry I can't be of more help.
    it's just a jump to the left....

almost forgot, welcome to VDr.
    it's just a jump to the left....

Thread Information