Windows 98SE Registry Problem

Thread: Windows 98SE Registry Problem

Unhappy Windows 98SE Registry Problem

9 out of 10 times that my pc boots of late windows starts up with this message: "Windows encountered an error accessing the system registry. Windows will restart and repair the system registry for you. " When I hit enter it does indeed restart and run registry checker which says it has restored a good copy of the registry. Then it restarts again and all is fine until i shutdown and start it up again the next time i want to use it. I recently booted from my win 98 CD and reinstalled over the previous installation because of a problem where Windows was freezing during startup. How can resolve this?
    Christ is the answer to the misery in this world.

Try to reinstall your win98 in other disk of your hard disk and see the result.
    My pc : AMD 3500+ athlon AM2, Nvidia 7300GT VGA,ASUS M2n4-SLI mother board,firewire card,200 GB hard.
    Best regards,
    Mbatiri

The Registry's got messed up.
    I had this problem and the only way I got round it was to backup my work, reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows. After that, everything was fine.

HI!

Before that try restoring the previous registry from c:\windows\sysbackup\ cabinet files:

go to DOS mode type scanreg /restore and choose the regsitry from a few days ago (the days after which comp also could be run normally).

Wait until it was restored, restart - and see what happens!

Good luck,
    Stebel.

Please visit www.pajacyk.pl, if You are so kind, and click on the blue point in the centre of the doll. You'll help Health Foundation to organize meals for poor children. You can click only once a day. Thanks a lot.

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I reinstalled Windows 98 over itself again. Seems to be ok now, though the registry error has appeared once so far, but not every time.
    Christ is the answer to the misery in this world.

Thread Information