Outlook is not registered properly?

Thread: Outlook is not registered properly?

Outlook is not registered properly?

I am receiving this error message once I have created an account for the users and I try and open outlook as the named user:

The Program is not registered properly. Please run Setup again. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.

All user profiles are set-up as Power users and the email all work when logged in as Administrator.

Anyone got a clue how I would fix this?

I think what is meant by not registered properly is that some of the keys in the Windows Registry are non-existant or corrupt. You could try running "Detect and repair" from Outlook's Help menu, it's worth a try. See if it's possible to uninstall Outlook by running Office Setup, then reboot & re-install it. Other than that I think you may need to uninstall Office & re-install it (unfortunately you don't get the option in Add/Remove programs to uninstall individual Office apps).
    Nick.

I'm sorry but I agree with supersparks. It should work fine. Re-install of office may be the only way. I've seen this before and the really big minds at my support corps. were answerless too. Re-install is not that bad though...sometimes it saves me time to quit pokin' around & start from scratch. As we say here in NC.."That 'aint quite right when it don' work like 'at , izzit?"-kev
    Kevin Cox
    -------------
    Airborne!
    Support our Troops!

So would that be a re-install of office from within the Users Account?

Or am I just asking silly questions?

No, you'll need to re-install it from the Administrator account. Once it's installed properly, though, it shouls be available in all user accounts.
    Nick.

I don't know much about this, but there seems to be good info in the following links.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;263004
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;292572
    Last edited by Robert M; December 16th, 2004 at 06:52 PM.

Before everyone starts answering again, this thread is very nearly 2 years old
    Nick.

Thread Information