Monitor Adapter/Connector ???

Thread: Monitor Adapter/Connector ???

Monitor Adapter/Connector ???

Howdy,

A guy just gave me a Blue Chip 14" Monitor. There is a power cord attached, but no cord that goes to the video card in a computer. The port looks like an AT keyboard port. Underneath this port it says...TTL RGB.

Where can I find a cable with an AT keyboard, male connector on one end and a male video card connector on the other??
    And, what do you call this thing?? I would like to test the monitor and see if it's any good.

And I thought the gift of an "eLo" monitor was weird. Surf the net with this one and touch the screen and order a burger at the same time.
    ...more will be revealed.

Re: Monitor Adapter/Connector ???

Originally posted by spaceman_333
    And, what do you call this thing??

Uh....."obsolete"?

Not to flame or anything...I have the purest of intentions here...But are you sure you really want to bother with that? I dunno what you could really use it for nowadays, unless you have an oldie system you are tinkering with.
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

Hi bistro!!

Merry Christmas!!

I know, I know.....I use this stuff to build complete systems. They "ain't" the latest and greatest, but to some of these kids in Detroit----They're a Super Computer.

It's my hobby....build 'em and give 'em away!!

SM

Hey Spaceman, that's a truly wonderful thing you're doing I'm sending you a 6-pack of virtual beers

I dug out an old copy of Upgrading & Repairing PC's, and if I'm understanding what Scott is saying correctly, then I'm afraid you're out of luck as the monitor will have the display adapter built-in to it. There's just no way of sending it the right signals from a VGA card.

I might have misunderstood, though (it was a very quick read). If I find out differently I'll let you know.
    Nick.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the effort.....it beats me, that's why I'm coming to you guys.

Thread Information