? Copying Audio book onto CD-R

Thread: ? Copying Audio book onto CD-R

? Copying Audio book onto CD-R

I'd like to burn an audio book onto an 80 Minute CD-R disc. Problem is, the book is 43,098 KB. It runs for 147 minutes.
    So, is there someway of compressing this to fit onto the disc or must I split the file with a software program?
    If the latter is the case, is there a free and dependable program out there which could do this?
    Thank you

You will need a editing program such as cool edit or a program which will convert the file to mp3 if your cd player will play mp3. Many newer ones will. I do not know if there are free programs or not.

Most audio books I've seen at Borders/Barnes and Noble already are on CD or on audio cassette. Can you now purchase audio books in .MP3 format?

You could take the original media you purchased, and in the case of an audio cassette, record it to the hard drive as a .WAV file (don't make an .MP3 out of it), then take the .WAV and make an audio CD out of it. If you have it on audio CD already, then just make a copy of the CD with your burner.
    Welcome to the Eclipse(C). The Evolution of an Idea
    Options: DCM3 LCR VMS CVM Sil CPI VMI ANI 648 CA1 SACD500 Att CID RLS TIME DLG

Version: ECLIPSE 2.0.0 09/09/98 System is BUSY Thu 07-21-05 1:31 pm
    Access Level = 10 Port = 10

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I should've made it clear that these are audio books in MP3format that will not fit entirely onto an 80 minute disc. I'm using Music Match Plus to "burn" them. Question...if I proceed to burn a 147 minute file onto an 80 minute disc, will Music Match prompt me to put a second disc in, to continue with the recording? Or, if I drag the MP3 file onto the disc drive, will I be prompted to install a second disc? I don't mind splitting the file onto two discs, but I'm not sure how to go about it. And I don't want to waste the discs while just experimenting!

My goal is to load them onto a CD-R disc from my hard drive so that I will be able to listen to them on my stereo and/or my portable CD player.
    Thanks
    I

There's a free program for splitting mp3s here:
    http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/
    It's fast and easy, and then you can use MusicMatch to burn each half to its own cd.

Thread Information