My CD-ROM drive is possessed :S

Thread: My CD-ROM drive is possessed :S

Angry My CD-ROM drive is possessed :S

A few weeks ago now, my CD-ROM drive (well it's a CD-RW drive to be more precise) started acting weird... Like the motor making odd noises, the little orange light flashing, and the drawer opening of its own accord - all of which was happening WITHOUT me doing anything to cause it to do so... So I went into Properties under My Comptuer & removed the CD-ROM drive, hoping that I'd be able to reinstall it later... But I couldn't... So anyway, as I've got a DVD-ROM drive as well, it didn't particularly matter that i couldn't use the other one... Anywho, getting to the point, today - despite the fact that i uninstalled the CD-ROM drive - it once again started flashing & whirring... Which is making me want to get it sorted out completely once & for all... I'm not sure what make it is, but I think it's a Phillips if that's of any help... If anyone can help me out then it'd be much appreciated... If you need any system details just say & i'll get back to you all with them...

Cheers

J.

Just a wild guess, but go to this link for a online virus scan. There is a virus called Coke, which will open the drive as a cup holder. Seriously.
    Housecall

Thanks for that, but I was rather hoping for some advice on how I should get my CD drive working again... Anyone?

J.

sounds messed up . this wouldnt happen to be a 24 x cd-rw would it ? known probs with these 24 x phillips bring it back if ya can

Oh yeah ""TDK ALL THE WAY""

It could be actually... Like I said, i *think* it's a Phillips, so it could well be the same one as you're talking about... I bought it a few years ago from a big computer place, but I'm not sure if it's still under guarantee or anything... Do you reckon I'll have enjoy joy if I contact Phillips support?

J.

yeah most warrenty's are 1 to 3 years from the manufactuer..It should say right on the front of it who makes it,your gonna need that info good luck

Thread Information