missing uninst.exe

Thread: missing uninst.exe

missing uninst.exe

ok, I tried to uninstall some programs on my computer today and they are the kind uninstalled with C:\windows\uninst.exe-fC:\***
    but i discovered that I don't have that file anymore. I looked online etc, but haven't been able to find one thats used in this way, only specific ones. I also havn't been able to be find it on the xp cd...

can anyone point me where I can download it, or find it on my xp cd.

thanks,
    joel
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed

i cant find it either, i am wondering if that is a file native to xp, if so a repair install of xp would replace it. for a how to on that you that subject, you can go to www.theeldergeek.com. there were some articles i ran across on a manual uninstall using the mentioned file, but if you dont have it, that wouldnt work either. the other option may be an uninstall utility, you can do a google search and find a slew of free/trial versions, add/remove2000 is one that comes to mind. hope this was some help, if you still have problems, post again.

exe or dll? whats the exact error?
    Contact -----»
    snowcat@asendtechnologies.com

vB 3.0.0 Forums----»
    » Asendtechnologies.com «

well, a program like add/remove 2000 just uses the same registry entry etc as the xp add/remove, it just adds more functionality, like being able to delete an entry from the list etc. so a program like that won't help.

I just solved the problem... I reinstalled one of the programs that used it, and the installation put it back in there. I guess some of the other programs I have uninstalled must have removed it...

oh well, all better now.

thanks,
    joel
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed

Thread Information