Recycle bin problems

Thread: Recycle bin problems

Recycle bin problems

I have 52 files in my recycling bin but I can't see any of them. When I open the recycling bin, it is empty. Yet when I click on "empty recycling bin" it states, "are you sure you want to delete these 52 files." I would sure like to see them before I empty. Any idea how to make these mysterious files magically appear? Thanks

i ran into that same problem recently!
    i was using Windows Washer ver. 4.7. i had that problem on BOTH computers! i un-installed it, went back to version 4.1, rebooted computer into dosmode with a dos bootdisk.
    deleted the recycle bin folder from each harddrive on each machine, went back into Windows, and the problem went away!
    also, BEFORE you do any of this, open Windows Explorer and see if the Recyle Bin is named RECYCLER, and if it has a regular folder icon, instead of the Recycle Bin icon! Window Washer 4.7 somehow caused all that!
    stan...

Hi,

It is strange that you cannot see these files but you may be able to locate them using an undelete program such as

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

I have used this program numerous times and you can explore any file that is still on your drive and even if it is corrupt you will still normally see the title of it etc.

The program allows easy navigation too and you can easily navigate your recycle bin.

If the file is there, then this program will find it.

Just a thought and you never know
    Last edited by bossdodgers; October 13th, 2002 at 02:16 PM.

Thread Information