Address line

Thread: Address line

Address line

There are several items in the address bar I would like to remove. I know how to do this in Win98SE by using MSCONFIG in run. But how do you do this in XP??

Thanks for your help.
    Paul

if you are referring to the address bar in ie, right click on it and choose properties, you can add and remove services (icons) there

Well, I don't know which version of IE and Windows these instructions apply to, but I right-clicked every part of my address bar in IE 6 on Windows XP, and I don't get a Properties option.

Maybe clicking on "View---Toolbars--Customize" is what you're looking for.

you can reach the same thing per gerdogs directions, as for windows, its xp and ie6, casey, maybe you have the same mouse disorder that my wifes machine has, will only right click on certain things, and anything in the start menu aint one of those things

If you are talking about removing Single URL"S in the address bar, i can send you instructions on how to do this in IE6! Let me know?
    I always say if it ain't broken, break it, then fix it!

Yes, tombg59 removing single URL's in address bar is what I'm talking about. I would appreciate your help.
    Paul

try this www.uktsupport.co.uk/microsoft/ie.htm
    you can also shut them off completely by going into tools, internet options, content, auto comlete, uncheck what you dont want auto completed, and clear documents and passwords,(it wont clear passwords to get into your system) just passwords if you like dnload virus updates from mcaffee and check the remember me box. there is also a program i find quite useful called purgeIE, you can find it at www.purgeie.com.

Paul3: There are some people who insist that this cannot be done, but i do it all the time, I dont know why they cannot do this unless they are not following the instructions Exactly! Here you go Paul, let me know, just remember when you get to the Value Not the key right click and select Modify and when the URL (that you want to delete comes up on that screen, (ON A SCREEN BY ITSELF)simply delete it and click OK! Its very important to close out of IE then restart it, to see the results!>>>> Clear the Internet Explorer Typed Address History (All Versions) Updated Popular
    Category: Home > Security > Privacy
    Internet Explorer caches any URLs that are typed into the address bar. This may become a privacy issue on a shared computer, or a nuisance if there is a particular URL you want to remove without clearing the whole history.

Open your registry and find the key below and delete any value you want to remove. (Or --remove the entire key =to delete all entries.)

Restart Internet Explorer for the change to take effect.

Registry Settings
    User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]
    IF YOU WANT TO HIGHLIGHT IT AND GO UP AND CLICK ON FILE AND EXPORT TO DESKTOP, BEFORE DELETING! ANY TROUBLE YU CAN JUST MERGE IT BACK IN! AFTER YOU DO THIS A FEW TIMES, YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO DO THIS.

Howdy

If you delete a url from the middle of the list it shows as a blank spot...

Windoze will not fill that by itself...

right click the last entry in the list... select modify...copy the highlited value...then click the deleted entry and paste it there...finaly delete the last entry completely as it will now be a duplicate

no more blank spots

buck
    just hav'n fun

Buck, Thank You for that input, I will keep that for future reference, Although There is a sequence to these url's and the blank spot eventually does disappear on its own. I don't mind it being there for awhile, because if you noticed, even though the registry tweak does work, as long as that blank spot is there then you can actually put the deleted url back in instantly by starting to type it in the address bar again and it will reappear! But the idea is to not let anyone see where you have been, and there is no way they would know to put back that url on there own unless they knew what it was. I have the sequence somewhere in my tips (dont know where) so many you know!

Thanks Tombg59, I got the URL's in address line cleaned up. But I used regedit and Current_User and then deleted them.
    Paul

Paul3 Good Going!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information