FDISK Problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FDISK Problems

PSP Segment

Welll I just spent some time last nite-unassembling my 8080 with debug and found some interesting techniques in debugging while debugging.
    Anyways while debugging I found the GPF error to which is being invoked.It is due to 32 bit registers being overwhelmeed with an 81h call from the CR2 register at EIP.That is an instruction pointer to which need to debug through EIP and not CR2.In fact I ve heard of people trying to alter thier computers using these registers-but I would be devastating results haave incurred.It is good I found this last nite and not later I may never have found it.
    It is a double fault on a divide by zero overflow with an invalid opcode.AX-DX,BP,DS,SI,ES,DIeax,edx,esi and edi all have 81h embeed in it through CR2 register which means that it is not maskable nor can be traeted as an exception-except an NMI.However my USB works fine - I am assuming when i ocnverted my USB drive to win95 and then the primary master drive from dos 7.10 with win95 on it to win95 parition had reinvoked my IRQ conflict with the mouse.I see some things inr eagrds to the WIN95 parition even I remvoed it again as well as residue from 2 years ago or even more-I am now even getting a grasp on why my USB got hacked.
    This is an error not to look over as it is inr egards to a reserved register of the 8080-and this error is being invoked becasue I have also an a20 hardware error to which means the wraparound at 00000h does not incur.As such the a20 line is inactive even if it reported as active-this IOPL level should invoke any program using or relying on the a20 to undertake some warning or discretionary caution of this system errror.
    Whomever owned this computer before me got thioer wires crossed - or must of followed a DOS manual too far becasue only Microsoft invokes errors through their manuals as Microsoft was a monopolay corproation empowered at dominating the data industry including data retrieval from accidential loss or otehr technical erros-but this did not work the way they wanted it too-I look at teh assembly handler and know there is abetter way to write it-the handler does not work efficient enough if it affects IRQ 4 when using fdisk to change your partition unless this is directly related to a flaw in WIN95 b.

Anyhow the question is I came across some otehrs as well and I dont understand them :

- Missing PSP segment
    -missing memory control block ID.

Here is what I know of the error:

INT 0x02
    Cr2=81h in RCMB at EIP
    Flags
    O D I S Z A P C

Thread Information