about twin view on Nvidia Geforce card

Thread: about twin view on Nvidia Geforce card

about twin view on Nvidia Geforce card

i think i have found prob about "generic display changed" box that pops up when i change resolutions on my puter. I went to site that answers ?'s about Nvidia cards. Now i want to disable 2nd monitor from being detected all the time, thus it also shows as 1st monitor(confusing i know) but here is what the site recommended to do.
    Q. I get two monitors detected when I only use one. How can I disable TwinView?
    Create a binary registry key called 'TwinViewDisabled' to the value 1 in the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\System
    and TwinView should be disabled, preventing a second monitor from being detected.
    I have never went to registry(only to delete things left from p2p programs) now when i back up registry where does the saved info go? I want to get rid of a monitor being detcted and stop the problems it is causing, can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance
    Mark

Hi Mark,

When you export a copy of the Registry, it will create a file with a .reg extension, and will prompt you for a filename for it. At that point, you can save it to whatever path you prefer. (I usually save mine to the Windows folder, but you could put it anywhere.)

Limerick

Thread Information