Windows Media Player - export m3u playlist

Thread: Windows Media Player - export m3u playlist

Hybrid View

Windows Media Player - export m3u playlist

(quote from help file)
    To export a playlist
    Click Media Library, and then expand My Playlists to display the playlists that you have created.
    Click the playlist you want to export.
    On the File menu, click Export Playlist to File.
    Select the folder you want to save the file to, in File name, enter a name for the file, and then click Save.

Ok but it only allows me to export to .asx .wax or .wvx file types. I want an .m3u playlist. If I simply change the file type extention the file won't work as m3u cuz it's different text format for listing and such.

Question then is: How do I export to an .m3u playlist file from Windows Media Player?

Thank you.

Please can someone help me with this? It's prob somethin simple.

For whoever is interested: I found an answer to my question. I found a small program that will convert asx files to m3u files. http://www.digitaltechonline.com/tools.asp A nice feature is that it will batch convert all the asx files in a given directory to m3u files. Still it would be nice to be able to export to an m3u file directly from Windows Media Player so that this extra step wouldn't have to be taken. The whole reason that I am trying to get an m3u playlist as opposed to asx is that Nero doesn't accept asx playlist files but will read m3u playlist files. This way I can use playlists created in Windows Media Player to make CDs instead of having to make the list in Nero.

Thread Information