I have W98 Full Version. The hardware other than maybe Hard Drive is working Fine. I have put other drives on to check the other hard ware on the PC. My Problem: When I attach my 30 Gig drive and boot up the PC It will show me the startup information. It evens shows the windows 98 logo and then will go and check again and show the W98 logo. Here is where the problem start it will then go back to dos and give me the following error messages: D:\Windows/Sytem vrtwd.386 & Vfixd.vxd.

Note here: It is showing a "D" Drive when in past it was "C" in the dos mode. With the two error messages.

I am thinking that something need to be set in the registry but do not know how to get to the registry in dos. It does not allow me to go the the "Safe Mode" as after it sees the second W98 logo it goes directly to dos and shows my "C" drive as "D" with the two error messages.

I need to know is there a way to get into the registory? and possibly change and what to change? Also what are these 2 error messages. Input and step by step instructions are needed.

Note: I am using the same PC to do this message without any problems with hardware and I have also checked the bios and everything is okay.

Can someone give me feed back. But please do give step by step
instructions.