[RESOLVED] Invalid VxD dynamic link

Thread: [RESOLVED] Invalid VxD dynamic link

penfolds5 Guest

Resolved [RESOLVED] Invalid VxD dynamic link

My computer was working fine two days ago and now when I turn it on Windows will not complete boot process. I receive an error which says "Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number A service 7". Whether I press OK to continue or leave message on screen the computer shutsdown. Any ideas how to get by this problem. At this point I am unable to get into Windows.

WhitPhil Guest
    Did you recently delete Rain, Shockwave or some other app from your PC?

If so, reinstall it and this time uninstall it using Add/Remove programs or the uninstall that comes with the app.

Applications should never be arbitrarily deleted. They tend to leave things lying around that cause problems such as the one your are experiencing.

Will it start in safe mode?

------------------
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how blindingly obvious, must be.
    Honest Officer, She told me she was 18..

penfolds5 Guest
    No I am unable to start in Safe mode.
    Originally posted by Professur:
    Will it start in safe mode?

Install anything? Uninstall anything? Visit a hacker site? Kiss someone in front of it? Call it a bad name? Anything?

------------------
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how blindingly obvious, must be.
    Honest Officer, She told me she was 18..

I recieve a very similar error message. I just bought a new 64MB chip of S-DRAM DIMM for my computer that currently only has 32 MB of EDO SIMM. When i put it in and turned my computer on i got the message:

"Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number 3, service B. Your windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows Setup program again to correct this problem."

The memory isn't bad because it works on other computers and my BIOS counts all the memory as working and there at startup. The problem comes when win 95 tries to bootup...and solutions???

I also got another message and that discussion is here: http://discussions.virtualdr.com/For...ML/006228.html

just like penfolds5, i can't start my computer with the memory in...it works fine after i take it out...please help!!!

V-D,

You answered your own question.

P5, try booting up with a bootlog.txt file. Press F8 to on booting to get the start-up menu, and choose option 2. Post back the line where it fails.
    I don't know much, and what I do know is subject to interpretation...

WAHOO!!! mY computer works now!

Thread Information