How to Scan Pictures and send Via Email?

Thread: How to Scan Pictures and send Via Email?

Hybrid View

How to Scan Pictures and send Via Email?

I have a Visioneer Paper Port scanner.
    I am trying to figure out how to scan pictures and send them to my Outlook Experss program to send attached to an Email. I should say I know how to Scan things, I just cannot figure how to attach them to Email.
    The Help in Visioneer is not helping.
    My outlook Express is not showing on the bottom in the row of Links. How do I add the link for OUtlook Experss. Will check in the morning California time. thanks, Joe

After you scan them save to desktop(or wherever) and then from outlook click attach and select the file from where you saved it.
    Alternately ,you could use Irfanvew www.irfanview.com/ andby using the email plug-in you can scan Via Irfanview and send directly from Irfanview.
    Win 7
    Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    I5 2500k @4ghz
    8Gb DDR3 2133Mhz
    Crucial M4 128Gb SataIII SSd
    Sapphire Radeon 6870
    Samsung 931bf 19" LCD

Thanks, I downloaded Infranview and all the plugins. Now I have to look at it to see how to use it.
    I have another general question.
    I did scan a picture and Exported it. I made a new folder called "My Pictures" in My C: drive.
    When I Exported it, and selected MY Pictures, for the type of file I saving, do I use ?
    a. BMP
    B. JPED
    C. GIF
    For the first daughters wedding picture, I made it GIF.
    I then sent an Email to my self and about twenty other family.
    When I looked at the Email with the GIF picture attachment, I saw it fine.
    Most of my family have said they could not see anything that an Encoded attachment.
    I think I must still be doing something wrong. Any Ideas? Joe

For email I'd send jpeg ,they can be made smaller(file size) than Bmp and hold quality better than gif. http://www.scantips.com/basics09.html

Instead of "exporting" try "save as" when sending it are you "attaching" or "inserting" ,I would suggest attaching.I've had probs with pics people have sent me if they send them via IE and I use Netscape Mail ,its to do with the way they are encaoded.

In Irfanview :
    To Scan FILE>acquire(you may have select twain source)
    To compress file size Tutorial
    To email Options>send image by email (you may need to set it up ,if you need any settings they should be in your default mail programs settings i.e. smtp settings.

[This message has been edited by wonderinguy34 (edited 07-15-2001).]
    Win 7
    Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    I5 2500k @4ghz
    8Gb DDR3 2133Mhz
    Crucial M4 128Gb SataIII SSd
    Sapphire Radeon 6870
    Samsung 931bf 19" LCD

Thanks for the help. I downloaded the Upgrade instead of Uninstalling. Actually the upgrade was the same version as I had.
    I figured out that way, I did not have to go through the verification of my purchase with the registration code they gave me the first time. Also, I did not have to spend an hour going through the configuratin steps. the last two times I uninstalled it and re downloaded the program, it was a real bother to try to figure out all the settings to make it work right. I typed a letter up in word 2000, and went to File>Print and when the print window opened up, I went to the down arrow and there it was, "Mighty Fax Printer Driver".
    I went through the steps to put the phone # in, and although my fax Recepient was not answering, It looked like everything is working now. Thanks again. Joe

Sorry, I sent my fax answer to the wrong page. I will send it to the right one now. Joe

Thread Information