abit /constant ring on start

Thread: abit /constant ring on start

abit /constant ring on start

hi i have an abit .first time running it with a 1.33 amd all seems in good order .when power is supplied to boot it gives a constant ring and then shuts down about 15 sec's afer power is applied ,,any ideas folks what is the constant ring on start-up

------------------
    i am really stupid!!

New one on me. Exactly where is the ringing coming from? PC speaker? Could also be the power supply fan giving out.
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

brand new everything ..you get the beep from the pc speeaker...this is so freaky

------------------
    i am really stupid!!

OK...here we go....sounds like you may have a memory problem. With some BIOSs, a constant beeping or "ringing" may indicate problems with the RAM and won't even post. What kind/amount of memory do you have in there?
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

check this out bistro .i changed the fan slot (cpu fan)to fan one on this piece of lol and bang!!!!!!!! 1 beep and then it just keeps on going (with ou beeps) so all in all you abit lovers make sure the cpu fan is connected to fan port #1 ..which the book dont say .ty bis

------------------
    i am really stupid!!

Hey...try this: make sure the CPU fan is connected to Fan port #1....post back with results. (I'm a slow reader...)

Actually it is a safety feature Abit implemented with BIOS versions WW and later.

The FAN 1 header enables monitoring of the cpu fan speed. If CPU fan is not plugged in that header, the mobo will know or think that you don't have a CPU fan installed and thus beeps at you and shuts down the machine to prevent heat-damage to the CPU.

Similarly, if the speed of the CPU fan that plugged in Fan 1 header should drop below 2000rpm, the same thing will happen.

So, it is a virtue rather than a flaw even though some users do not like this feature.

------------------
    Help me learn by letting me know how it works out for you!

[This message has been edited by falcon2000 (edited 06-09-2001).]

well it all worked out i even have this board that supposed to only support a 1.2 running at the processor max of 1300 ..killer stuff guys .running like a raped ape lol i looked further into that fan speed they said if it runs under 200 rpm it will do th ebeep and of course like i did if u put the cpu fan connector to 2,3,4, prongs it will beep like it did .thanx again all

------------------
    i am really stupid!!

Thread Information