Speaker Comparisons

Thread: Speaker Comparisons

Speaker Comparisons

Which speakers do you guys think are better, the CAMBRIDGE SOUNDWORKS 3500, or the Klipsh ProMedia 4.1, http://www.klipsch.com/store/product...=1&pf%5Fid=019 they are equaly expensive so I dont know which to pick!

Viper0070, Do two things.

1. Take yourself down and give them a listen to them yourself it it's possible as everyone's ears are different. Speakers are the most important component of any sound system.

2. Get a hold of a set of specifications for each and compare them.

------------------
    Seek Knowledge First and All Else Will Follow

viper0070

Speakers, a $2 is fine for me as I am deaf and can not understand someone spending $12,000 for a pair of speakers. That is a whole alot of groceries in my book.
    Just adding to greengoose1's post.

------------------
    SMILE
    and post back
    [ Book mark this post to find it again]

I don't think you should just choose the speakers in isolation, you have to consider the soundcard as well, some matches will give you a greater range of options.
    I ended up going for the Cambridge DT3500 speakers because they were the perfect match for my SoundBlaster Live Platinum card rather than whether they sounded marginally better than different ones or not - at that price they all sound good.

------------------
    Nick.
    Nick.

Thanks, btw i will be getting the SB-Live X-gamer. what is the diffrence betwen the Z-Gamer and the Platinum?

The CSW 3500 has a built in Dolby Digital decoder as well as an optical output which can connect to the PS2 or some set top DVDs etc. The Pro media is a 400W RMS system opposed to the CSW 79W tho

So the Klipsch would be more powerfull and sound louder than the CS?

I use the Cambridge with a Soundblaster Live! soundcard---great sound, but after I bought them, I had to go out and buy a new neighbor....
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

Thread Information